Monday, February 14, 2011

This is it!!! (2011 - February 14)

It's Monday morning, and we're planning to pull away from our house at 2 p.m. to drive to Grand Rapids. Will spend the night there, rise early, and catch a 6:20 a.m. Continental flight to Houston. From Houston we fly to Leon/Guanajuato, MX, arriving at 11:19 a.m. (Chicago time). A van will pick us up at the airport and we'll have a 90 minute ride to our destination - San Miguel de Allende. Since we're renting the same casa we had last year, we pretty much know what to expect once we arrive.

Our dog and house sitters have been briefed (thanks for doing this, you guys), and our bags are basically packed. Having them weigh 50 pounds or less is going to be a challenge that I wish I could put off, because it means having to make a number of decisions. But, that's all part of the game.

I'm hoping that everyone who is interested is able to access this blog. My plan is to report on our adventures and my impression of our experiences as often as possible. My hope is that I can create something that you'll enjoy reading.

Technical note: I believe there's a button you can click under the blog that says "Followers". This will make it easier for you to access my site and respond when you choose. Once you're a Follower, you'll see a pop-up window that allows you to choose "publicly" or "privately". Although I don't understand this totally, I guess I'd recommend going with "privately". That seems safer.

Oh...and when you post a comment, please make sure to click the button that says "post comment".
According to what folks have told me, I think a couple of comments have been posted that didn't come up on the blog.

Hasta luego (until later)                     Judy (known in Mexico as "Judhit" - pronounced Who-deet)

No comments:

Post a Comment